+  ARC at Cal
|-+  ARC at Cal
| |-+  ARC Club General
| | |-+  Blood
| | | |-+  Blood Committee Meeting Recap + Survey
Home Search Login Register
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Blood Committee Meeting Recap + Survey  (Read 1136 times)
Jordan Tai
Visitor

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2010, 01:20:03 AM »

Hi everyone,

I've decided to provide a recap of what we discussed at today's meeting since a lot of you couldn't show up. Normally I don't do this because I don't want to encourage you guys to stop coming to our biweekly meetings, but this meeting covered a lot of important information so this is an exception.

Disclaimer:  This recap is very long but please read it thoroughly.  The survey can be found below the recap.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I. General Club Updates
- please turn in your dues + forms as soon as possible.  The forms can be found under the "Volunteer Now" section of our website and it's $10 for two-semesters of membership and $15 for membership and a T-shirt.  Normally t-shirts are $8.
- November 4th = 3rd General Meeting
- All volunteers are required to attend at least one CLUB social (ie. Capture the Flag, Scavenger Hunt/Board Game).  Our next upcoming club social = Dodgeball.  It'll be great   Grin

II. October Blood Drive Update + Reflection
- For the October Blood Drive our goal was to collect 70 units of blood and we collected 87.  Good job guys!  FYI, UCSF gets half and ARC gets half so altogether we collected 174.  Although this is great, our last blood drive was the lowest of the three actually so there is definitely room for improvement.
- I want to thank all of you for doing such an amazing job.  You guys always do and Salman and I are really proud of you guys.  Go Blood!
- One person commented on their 1st canteening experiencing being pretty fun and more social than anything.  This is good to hear because I want canteening to be warm, comfortable, and social for the people that donated since it'll encourage them to donate again with us in the future.  This is a good sign and I hope everyone else felt this way.

III.  Big Game Blood Drives
- The Big Game Blood Drives will be back in MLK, 2nd Floor East Pauley Ballroom NOT Alumni House.  YAY
- Clarification about Setup/Clean-up:
  If you signup for a time that says cleanup, you will be meeting infront of Eshelman 10 mins before the hour since it takes time to go up to the office of Eshleman, take everything down, and setup on Sproul. Either Jordan or Salman will meet you.  If something comes up, please text us to let us know.
  If you signup for clean-up, at around 10-20 before the end of the hour, we will start packing up and bringing back everything to our office.  From there we will need you guys to help bring things back to our office.
- For those who don't know, the Big Game Blood Drives are the two blood drives we put on before the Big Game against Stanford.  We put on rival blood drives at our schools and we try to get more donors than them. Sadly, last year we lost in donations so we will not lose again!   With our momentum and all the work you've put in, I'm confident we should be able to beat them, however we will pull out all the stops (chalking, flyering, flyering in different areas aside from Sproul, etc) to ensure a victory!  If we don't beat them at football...at least we can beat them in this.
- There are some inherent problems that we will be facing with these blood drives.  Since for the past blood drives we have used some of our donor pool, we will be needing to recruit new 1st time donors.  Also, there is a week gap between the two blood drives so we will have to table and volunteer for both of them separately, meaning this will require a lot of work from you guys.  The first Big Game Blood Drive will be Wednesday, November 10th.  The second Big Game Blood Drive will be Friday, November 19th. The latter might pose a challenge since most students want to leave campus as soon as they finish class and might not be so enthused to donate.  Also people make plans on Fridays so they might be busy.  We don't normally have blood drives on Friday so we'll see how this goes.

IV. Future Blood Committee Social
- We haven't had an outing for Blood Committee yet so we'd like to plan something for you guys.  We'd like your input so please fill out the survey below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to Survey:

<iframe src="https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dDFDSGs2XzV6bVB5eGVQRkdMVnNkamc6MQ" width="760" height="1717" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Hope everyone is doing well,
Jordan
Jordan Tai
Visitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 11:30:35 PM »

Hi Blood Commitee,

This is just a reminder to please fill out the survey so we can get your input about an upcoming social that we want to plan for you guys as well feedback on Blood Committee and the October Blood Drive.

It only takes at max 5 minutes so please do it.  Thanks!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dDFDSGs2XzV6bVB5eGVQRkdMVnNkamc6MQ

-Jordan

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: