+  ARC at Cal
|-+  ARC at Cal
| |-+  ARC Club General
| | |-+  Health and Safety
| | | |-+  Health & Safety Updates
Home Search Login Register
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Health & Safety Updates  (Read 1386 times)
Milap Rakholia
« on: October 11, 2010, 11:34:41 PM »

Hey Health & Safety!

Here are a few updates on whats going on:

Committee Meeting
Our next meeting is on October 18th in 2311 Tolman from 6-7pm. Remember you can pay your membership dues and buy a T-shirt at the meeting! As a reminder, membership is $10 without the shirt and $15 with the shirt!

CPR Trainings
We're having trainings in October and November. The October trainings are this weekend (Oct. 16th/17th) from 9am to 4pm. There are still a few more spots open for the Sunday October 17th training so make sure to email either Alex or me if you're interested!
Also we need help setting up and cleaning up on Saturday and Sunday. Email me if you're free. This counts towards your 10 hour per semester membership requirement!

MCUSA Health Fair
The Myanmar Community U.S.A fair is a non-profit community health fair with about 800-1,000 participants! They need CPR/First-Aid certified volunteers to go and man their first-aid stations. It will on Sunday, October 31 from 9-3pm. This is a great way to earn some volunteer hours, break out those great first-aid skills, and really help the community out!

Also if anyone has a car and is willing to drive to the event email me and I will GREATLY appreciate it!! (Free dinner Grin )

We are also planning to have a separate booth at the fair to present HIV/AIDS information to the community. So before the next meeting make sure to read up on AIDS. We'll be making posters on it so make sure to bring your laptops and any fun art supplies!

Froyo Social
Our FIRST Health & Safety social will be this THURSDAY October 14th after the GENERAL MEETING (7pm in 182 Dwinelle). We'll go over to Yogurt Land/Yogurt Park and have our selves some delicious treats! YAY! =)

Sorry for the super long email! Email me if you have any questions!

Have a great week!
Milap Rakholia
mrakholia@berkeley.edu
(760) 877-0007

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: