+  ARC at Cal
|-+  ARC at Cal
| |-+  ARC Club General
| | |-+  Blood
| | | |-+  ARC Blood Comm - First Meeting RECAP
Home Search Login Register
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ARC Blood Comm - First Meeting RECAP  (Read 1532 times)
Katherine Hsieh
Officer

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:42:40 AM »

Hi all!! Thanks for those of you who showed up to our first committee meeting! (: (:

Here's a recap of what went on at the meeting for those of you who could not make it. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

1. Broomball Social - 9/14, 7PM at Biryani House
BEST SOCIAL EVERRRRRR. We will be meeting at Biryani House (2011 Shattuck Avenue) at 7PM for dinner first. If not, meet us at the BART station at 8:20PM SHARP, and we will be going to the ice rink in Oakland together. Please e-mail Milap at mrakholia@berkeley.edu if you plan on going and have not signed up. The cost of broomball will be subsidized for members for $7 only!!!

2. Blood Drive Canteening Orientation - 9/20, 6PM at Dwinelle Hall
Right now, our set date will be on Thursday, September 20. For those of you who CANNOT make it, I'm sending out a doodle for you guys to fill out. We'll hold one extra day to have orientation. For the rest, we will meet up at 6PM in front of Dwinelle Hall, and try to find a room from there. If we are able to reserve a room before then, we will send out another e-mail.
Doodle: http://doodle.com/dixge549nnrfkyqa

3. Next Blood Drive - 9/26, 10AM-6PM at MLK Pauley Ballroom
We have our next blood drive on Wednesday, September 26. Tabling and flyering will be going on the week before the drive. I have attached the links for signing up for tabling and flyering. Remember you will be eligible for canteening only after completely TWO hours of flyering/tabling. Please sign-up for canteening after you have attended orientation. Also, remember to flyer/table with a partner! If you did not sign-up with a partner at committee meeting and you have found one, please e-mail me your names.

To table/flyer, one of the coordinators will set up the table on Sproul Plaza at 10AM. You can come find the table usually in front of Coffee Bean (is that what it's called?) in front of the entrance to MLK. We will clean up at 2PM and return the tables to ASUC event services. Please make sure one of you stays at the table, especially when changing shifts. Also, when you sign-up for tabling, please leave a number so that we have a way of contacting you on the day tabling.

Tabling and Flyering before the blood drive:
http://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/qztfx

Tabling and Canteening the day of the blood drive:
http://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/tvsos

4. 5K Mile Run - 9/30 - 8AM at Lake Merritt
Here's a volunteer opportunity that we didn't bring up at the meeting. Volunteers will be guiding runner by directing them in the right direction, handing out water, and cheering them on! There will also be food and a raffle event that we can take part in too! Please e-mail me at kahsieh@berkeley.edu if you are interested in volunteering. The event should end around 11AM or 12PM.

5. Some things to look forward to
- Project Openhand - this is a tentative event where we help hand out food in San Francisco (near Civic Center) and this will probably take a whole day.
- Tour of the blood center in Oakland - The location is very close by! It will give you a chance to see what is done with the blood, what different types of machines and donations are done, and the process by how blood is sent out.
- Socials: iceblocking, Fentons, bowling. Let us know what you want! (:

That's all! Sorry for the bombardment of information! We can't wait to work with everyone throughout the semester. If you have questions, e-mail me at kahsieh@berkeley.edu.

Sincerely,
Katherine Hsieh
(909) 273-1836
Tracey Liu
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:31 AM »

awesome email kix!
i love where it's going! Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: