+  ARC at Cal
|-+  ARC at Cal
| |-+  ARC Club General
| | |-+  Health and Safety
| | | |-+  Movie Night
Home Search Login Register
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Movie Night  (Read 2591 times)
Zeyu (Taku) Xu
Visitor

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2010, 10:20:48 PM »

yoyoyoyoyo,

Post all ideas for our project here!

What we have so far:

Movies: The Day After Tomorrow, 2012, Earthquake, Smallpox 2002 (did I miss one here?)
Where: any large room with screen and projector that can accommodate most ARC members
When: to be decided

Feel free to voice your opinions  Cool

Your bestest friend,
Taku

P.S. When do you all want to meet?
Roxana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:37:35 PM »

Hey Taku! I was just wondering..why is this event posted under Youth?? Is this the one for H&S? If it is, I can meet Tues/Thurs 2-3pm Oh! Just throwing an idea out there! In high school, I saw Invisible Children so maybe we might want to show this?

here's a youtube link for the trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0XQEysQJPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nlo3KsVtWA
Zeyu (Taku) Xu
Visitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 03:43:42 PM »

yoyoyoyoyo,

Post all ideas for our project here!

What we have so far:

Movies: The Day After Tomorrow, 2012, Earthquake, Smallpox 2002 (did I miss one here?)
Where: any large room with screen and projector that can accommodate most ARC members
When: to be decided

Feel free to voice your opinions 

Your bestest friend,
Taku

P.S. This was posted first on the Youth section  Tongue Thanks Roxanna!
P.P.S. When do you all want to meet?
Zeyu (Taku) Xu
Visitor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »

Taken from the Youth section:

Hey Taku! I was just wondering..why is this event posted under Youth?? Is this the one for H&S? If it is, I can meet Tues/Thurs 2-3pm Oh! Just throwing an idea out there! In high school, I saw Invisible Children so maybe we might want to show this?

here's a youtube link for the trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0XQEysQJPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nlo3KsVtWA
Zeyu (Taku) Xu
Visitor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 03:45:22 PM »

Mmm. How embarassing.

It's up on H&S now!
Cassandra Lei

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 12:41:44 AM »

So I was thinking we could just show Day After Tomorrow, and then afterwards, to make it more relevant, have a little info session and questions to ask people about what to do in the event of a disaster and refer to the movie to point out things that people should do in a certain situation, and things not to do.

So yeah, that's just what I had in mind.  I think Invisible Children might be a good option, though I was leaning more towards Day After Tomorrow.  The only thing with Invisible Children is that people might not be too interested in it, and it doesn't really relate to health and safety too much either.  It's still a pretty good documentary though. what does everyone else think?

Andd the only times I'm going to be free next week are wednesday after 4, thursday after 6, and friday after 4.  We probably need to get everything planned out soon, because the semester is ending. ahhh!!
Roxana

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 09:54:12 AM »

Do we really have to meet up? Is it possible to do this online here on the forum boards or dedicate a time frame online if its too late outside? Is anyone able to meet right after the meeting next Thursday? I feel like other members did not get a chance to respond or look at this yet, so maybe we will have to wait until  H&S meeting next Thursday to decide. Or we can discuss our plans briefly during the beginning or end of our H&S meeting. I think that works best as not everyone checks the forum boards...see you guys at the next Meeting!

Aside from that, if everyone does end up viewing this topic then I am free Monday 5-6pm, Tues 1-3pm, Wed 2-6pm, Thurs 2-3pm and Friday 12-5pm. Let me know if we decide to meet! Thanks!
Cassandra Lei

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »

hmmm, I don't think anyone is going to check with this before thursday, so we should probably just work it out at the meeting. 

What movie are you leaning towards showing?
Roxana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »

I don't really have a preference to what movie, I think we can figure it out at the meeting!
fannydu
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 04:07:56 PM »

Hey guys!

So Cassandra and I were thinking to have the event next Friday at 6p.m. and play the movie 2012. Robin or I will take care of the movie, and Cassandra has contacted Melody about creating a disaster fact sheet for the event. Will someone make a facebook event and ask your friends to go haha? Robin will reserve a room, but for now the location is TBA.

-Fanny
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: