How to Volunteer with us
To be considered an active member, you must do the following:
- Attend monthly general meetings.
- Volunteer 10 hours minimum per semester. Hours will be updated under the "members" tab (above). You may also keep track of your hours with the log sheet (see below) if you wish.
- Pay a membership fee of $10.00 per semester. This goes towards socials, club activities, and banquets!
- You must register on Volunteer Connection (http://tinyurl.com/ARCvolunteerconnection) (tutorial pdf). You can register with your facebook
- Complete an Online Orientation (only once!) (http://tinyurl.com/ARCBAOnlineOrientation)
- For general volunteer questions please contact our Volunteer Manager, Melissa Markowitz, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For inquiries about specific committees, please look under the "Lines of Service" tab (above).
Here's what you will receive for being a member:
- Official Red Cross Club Member or Red Cross Volunteer status with our local Red Cross Bay Area Chapter
- Ability to participate in any of our diverse Lines of Service committees.
- Letter of recommendation co-signed by our club sponsors.
- CPR/First Aid course priority. See the CPR/FA classes page for details.
- Learn life-saving skills as well as helping to save lives.
- Improve the Cal campus community while earning volunteer hours.
- Meet wonderful people while supporting the mission of the Red Cross.